Link to the Mental
Health Association in Forsyth County, NC (promoting mental health for all
persons in our community)
Link to Relationships Anonymous - Greensboro, NC meeting (another 12-step fellowship)
Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Triad Area, NC
To access our TriadEA virtual meeting:
If you are on a computer or Chromebook and don't need instructions, just CLICK HERE.
On a mobile device or for setup instructions, CLICK HERE.
You can also join from any phone by calling 1-650-419-1505, meeting access code 555 333 444 222.
Some of Our Literature
Serenity Prayer | 12 Steps | Helpful Concepts | Just for Today | Promises
to Emotions Anonymous International (EmotionsAnonymous.org)
Link to searchable directory of EA meetings worldwide
General EA Poster
Local EA Meetings Poster - includes info on local/area groups
Small, internationally-affiliated Twelve-Step support groups in the Triad area of NC for people who seek recovery from their emotional difficulties and want to become well emotionally. A safe, anonymous, respectful environment stressing self-worth, self-knowledge and self-care. As our Concepts suggest, we aim for an atmosphere of love and acceptance. EA was formed by a group of individuals who found a new way of life by working the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, as adapted for people with emotional problems.
We invite you to discover that our EA fellowship of weekly meetings is warm and friendly, and that it is important to us all for achieving and maintaining emotional health. We do it one hour at a time because ours is a twenty-four hour program. You are not alone unless you choose to be!
The Triad area has two on-going weekly meetings:
meeting is Wednesday from 7:30 - 9:00PM. It it is held at Augsburg Lutheran Church on
Fifth St. Newcomers are always welcome, and our meetings are open
to all. (Please see Note below.)
The Greensboro EA meeting is held Monday from 6:15 - 7:15PM at First Lutheran Church on Friendly Ave. Newcomers are welcome here too.
Winston-Salem meeting - Augsburg Lutheran Church, 845 W. Fifth St.
Take Broad St. exit off Business I-40 north, then L onto 5th St. Church is on R in first block. Parking is on street or right side parking lot. We use the Administrative Offices entrance to the right and back of the sanctuary; Room 13 is two immediate lefts inside the door, and can be seen through the church window by the entrance. If there's no one there to let you in (the door is locked), wave through the window and we'll open for you.
Note: the Winston-Salem meeting is currently virtual; we meet via RingCentral Video on any recent computer, Chromebook, tablet or smartphone. (You can join audio only if you wish, by just not turning on your camera, or by phoning in.) Instructions for setup and joining the meeting are found HERE.
At least one regular member will arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled (7:30) start time, to help with any technical or other newcomer concerns. Come early if you wish; our meeting is open door - no "waiting room." We cordially invite all current and prospective EA members to participate.
Greensboro meeting - First Lutheran Church, 3600 W. Friendly Ave.
Near corner of Friendly and Holden Road. Meetings are held in room 6; park and enter toward the front of the building. You can get to the parking lot both from Friendly and Holden.
Phone (info): Winston-Salem - Sam @ (336) 748-1066 - or just come!
Greensboro - Lynn @ (336) 233-4275 - please call to determine current meeting status
Email (info - all meetings): TriadEA@email.com
Cost: Free (small voluntary contribution; newcomers are asked not to contribute).
Top of page
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Top of page
Just for Today - The Choice is Mine
1. Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not tackling
all of my problems at once. I can do something at this moment that would discourage me if
I had to continue it for a lifetime.
2. Just for today I will try to be happy, realizing my happiness does not depend on what others do or say or what happens around me. Happiness is a result of being at peace with myself.
3. Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is and not force everything to adjust to my own desires. I will accept my family, my friends, my business, my circumstances as they come.
4. Just for today I will take care of my physical health; I will exercise my mind; I will read something spiritual.
5. Just for today I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least one thing I don't want to do, and I will perform some small act of love for my neighbor
6. Just for today I will try to go out of my way to be kind to someone I meet. I will be considerate, talk low, and look as good as I can. I will not engage in unnecessary criticism or finding fault, nor try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.
7. Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests - hurry and indecision.
8. Just for today I will stop saying, "If I had time." I never will find time for anything. If I want time, I must take it.
9. Just for today I will have a quiet time of meditation wherein I shall think of my Higher Power, of myself, and of my neighbor. I shall relax and seek truth.
10. Just for today I shall be unafraid. Particularly, I shall be unafraid to be happy, to enjoy what is good, what is beautiful, and what is lovely in life.
11. Just for today I will not compare myself with others. I will accept myself and live to the best of my ability.
12. Just for today I choose to believe that I can live this one day.
The choice is mine.
Top of page